Your main challenge: The TV & Radio Data Squad of the Belgian Data Competence Center is responsible for transforming raw collected data from our different entertainment & news platforms (VTM, Q2, Qmusic, Joe, Stievie…) into meaningful knowledge facts about users, content and platforms. As lead Data Engineer in this squad you guide & contribute by working on the data pipelines and data marts that power different applications that rely on platform data. You make sure that all collected information from our different platforms is processed into easily accessible formats and aggregates for different applications in fields such as Customer Intelligence, Business Intelligence, CRM and Personalization. You operate in a cross functional agile squad, together with Data Scientists, Engineers and Analysts. The squad is responsible for the entire transformation from raw collected data into data products such as Dashboards and Data Flows. We operate in collaboration with our IT and Data colleagues at De Persgroep, both in Belgium, the Netherlands and Denmark.
- Develop and maintain data flows (Scala & Python) that power CI & BI applications.
- The squad is responsible for its own infrastructure, so together with IT architects you make sure our AWS technology stack supports the squads mission in the best way possible.
- Develop and maintain the micro service infrastructure that unlocks data applications such as Recommendation algorithms in real-time.
- Automate data quality & data validation processes based on business definitions & requirements.
- Deliver robust & reliable production services. Infrastructure availability & performance is a team responsibility.
- You have a higher education in Computer Science or accumulated equivalent experience
- You have at least 5 years of experience, preferably in a modern cloud based architecture
- You have significant experience in the following technologies or are willing to quickly ramp up your expertise: o Programming: Scala (Spark, Akka), Python o Infrastructure & Platform: AWS Stack, Serverless & Containered applications
- Experience with high load, scalable services is a plus. (scaling, caching…)
- You know when to be pragmatic and when to think long term (value driven development)
- You like to work in a team and are able to coach squad members through principles like code review & pair programming
- You have a passion for innovative online media applications and like to work in an Agile way.
Offer Your work will be the cornerstone of all our innovative data services. We provide a full salary package (car and benefits included), you can count on flexibility, learning opportunities, career planning, team building and a delicious company restaurant.