As a Data Scientist in the newly formed Personalisation Squad you contribute by working on new features such as personalised search and video recommendations for all our Video and Radio products. These features are being integrated across different MEDIALAAN apps and websites such as VTM, Q Music, Q2, as well as our OTT Video Platform Stievie, offering up to 18 channels in the Stievie Premium offering. You operate in a cross functional agile squad, together with Data Engineers and Full Stack developers. The squad is responsible both for integrating 3th party solutions in our back end of micro services, as well as maintaining and developing the roadmap for new in-house solutions. We do this in close collaboration with our IT and Data colleagues at De Persgroep in Belgium, the Netherlands and Denmark.
- Identify and integrate suitable algorithms into our back-end for different personalisation applications.
- Prototype, develop and maintain end-points in our micro service architecture that enable user personalisation.
- Analyze impact of these new features on both User Experience as well as Key Performance Indicators.
- You strive for high quality code and maximise unit test coverage to deliver solutions that are defect free.
- You contribute to our end-to-end data flows. Do we capture the correct signals to build robust Recommendation Systems? Do we need more aggregated data marts?
- You identify new high potential scenario’s for personalisation across our product line-up
- You have a higher education, preferably Master or PhD in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering...
- You have at least some prior experience with applied Machine Learning (Recommendation Systems, Predictive modeling, Clustering...) in your education and/or professional experience.
- We welcome both applications from young graduates as well as seasoned experts.
- You have significant experience in the following technologies or are willing to quickly ramp up your expertise:
- Programming: Python, Spark, Scala
- Infrastructure & Platform: AWS Stack, Apache Kafka
- Experience with search platforms like Apache Solr or Elasticsearch is a big plus.
- Experience with high load, scalable services is a plus. (horizontal scaling, vertical scaling, caching...)
- You have a passion for applications and innovations in online media and like to work in an Agile way.