[Content Planning] is mainly responsible for the Content Planning systems. Articles get made everyday. So everyday starts with a lot of ideas and planning. We make sure that all Editors have a tool to organise/dispatch/order and further extend all of those ideas across the entire editorial office. Our systems will be used by close to all brands De Persgroep has to offer (VK, AD, HLN, ….). Who are De Persgroep IT? With more than 450 colleagues we are partner in Belgium, the Netherlands and Denmark for a news- and entertainment company, in an ever-changing environment.We build news media (sites & apps), magazines, television, radio and telecom. We build for readers, listeners and viewers. We build for journalists and internal users. “Incremental business value delivery with high quality and at high pace”... that’s what we do. Both for the brands and products of Medialaan - De Persgroep and for De Persgroep Nederland and Berlingske Media (DK). We do this in more than 40 cross-functional teams: we call them squads (but that is not important), grouped in Areas with common goals and missions. For us, “Mobilising the brainpower of all” is not a hollow slogan/catchphrase/tagline. We count on the skills, knowledge, creativity and cooperation of every colleague. You get a lot of trust, space to learn and experiment. You also get maximum responsibility, You build it, You run it is an everyday occurrence.
- You think along for concepts and architecture
- You are a driven problem solver and have a significant sense of responsibility
- You are eager to learn, open-minded and love a no-nonsense approach
- You are critical; always looking for the 'why' of things
- You are passionate about IT and always focused on quality.
- You are team-oriented
- You draw energy from working in a high-tech and continuously innovating environment PS : If you are not already AWS certified, then we will expect you to certify for AWS within 6 months.
Skills & Knowledge Must-have knowledge: Java 8, REST, Spring Knowledge of these technologies are plus: Java 11, Sprint boot, Gradle, Amazon Web Services, databases, Node Js Knowledge of certain technologies is not the most important element. Beyond that,you are conceptually familiar with ORM, Document store, AOP, DDD, SOLID, etc.
- Agile mindset and experience with Scrum or other agile methodologies
- Curious and open-minded
- Critical; always looking for the 'why' of things
- Passionate about development and always focused on quality
- Team oriented – going for victory together
- You draw energy from working in a high-tech and continuously innovating environment (did you know that we're switching to an AWS cloud?)
- You’ll end up in a leading media company that is buzzling of great colleagues. They are just like you bitten by digital and offline media and constantly learn from each other and from the best of the world. It’ll be an adventure where no week looks alike and your ambition to go a step further will be stimulated on a daily basis.
- You contribute to the news & entertainment media of tomorrow and get the chance to continuously evolve thanks to fascinating courses. We create an environment where constantly learning is possible and where our employees are given the opportunity to grow.
- At De Persgroep IT you always go the extra mile, together with your team, every day again. In exchange you get an attractive salary, plenty of additional benefits (group- and hospitalization insurance, profit sharing, meal vouchers, … etc.) and interesting comfort services OR a freelance arrangement with a long term commitment.
- Together we are building the future of De persgroep, in Belgium, the Netherlands and Denmark. Today in Asse or Vilvoorde, from the summer of 2019 in Antwerp or Vilvoorde